TIE BREAKER RULES
(IN ORDER. ONCE A TIE-BREAKER APPLIES, IT RESETS
ONCE THE TEAM IS SEEDED)
Tie-breaker goes to the team that won in
- For example, if 3 teams are tied with a 5-3 record, the
team that defeated both of those teams own the
2. In the event that a tie occurs
between multiple teams, a team that defeated the top teams own the
- For example if 3 teams are tied with a 4-4 record, and Team
A beat Team B, Team B beat Team C, and Team C
beat Team A,
then the team that beat the higher ranked team gets the
tie-breaker. If Team A beat the #1 team, they
get the higher rank.
This only applies if the teams played each other. If Team A
didn't face Team B, this does not apply.
3. In the event that a tie occurs
between multiple teams but a team has ONLY
defeated 1 of those teams, then
we proceed to
the next tie breaker. Strength of Schedule.
- For example, if 4 teams are tied with a 4-4 record, but
only 3 of those teams didn't face each other, we
go to Strength of Schedule.
4. Strength of Schedule. (Implemented on
6/17/08). Tie-breaker goes to the team that
defeated the highest ranking team.